Here is the project.
SCOPE: Setup a basic Linux server (CentOS or other approved distribution of Linux) running basic e-mail server software such as zimbra to act as an SMTP relay server between our CRM server and our customers, dealers, prospects and leads.
PROVIDED INFORMATION: Currently sending out a batch of 5,000 e-mails at about 20KB per e-mail several times a month. The scale of the blasts could be increased to as much as 100,000 e-mails per batch with no larger than 500KB per e-mail.
HARDWARE: Need a list of requirements for the following:
- # of Processors and speed of each
- Amount of memory needed
- Amount of storage space needed
PROPOSED SOLUTION: Set up a virtual server in our current VMware environment that will run the Linux OS and the e-mail server software. Expand International of America, Inc. would provide the host machine and grant access to set up the virtual server as needed.
REQUIREMENTS: Written proposal with the following included:
- Hardware requirements
- Software to be used
- Proposed number of hours required to perform the project
- Hourly rate or total price for the project
- Training for basic troubleshooting, location of log files, backup, and maintenance
- Other as needed.
This should cover it.
Let me know.
Special Reports: DevOps
Have projects in development that need help? Have a great development operation in place that can ALWAYS be better? Regardless of where you are in your DevOps process, Linux Journal can help!
With deep focus on Collaborative Development, Continuous Testing and Release & Deployment, we offer here the DEFINITIVE DevOps for Dummies, a mobile Application Development Primer, advice & help from the experts, plus a host of other books, videos, podcasts and more. All free with a quick, one-time registration. Start browsing now...
- SUSE – “Will not diverge from its Open Source roots!”
- Dealing with Boundary Issues
- Vagrant Simplified
- Libreboot on an X60, Part I: the Setup
- System Status as SMS Text Messages
- October 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: Raspberry Pi
- Bluetooth Hacks
- Disney's Linux Light Bulbs (Not a "Luxo Jr." Reboot)
- New Products
- October 2015 Video Preview