Download "Sudo or Sudoesn't"
When it was first conceived in 1980, the idea of the “super-user do”, (or sudo) command for Unix environments made a great deal of sense. As a tool, it provided organizations a method to get specific types of jobs done. In the 30 years since, aggressive security, compliance and audit requirements have driven the need for more robust and manageable solutions with which to deliver proper access to enterprise systems. We’ve exceeded the capability of the tool, in enterprise settings.
This white paper will highlight certain situations where sudo has its place in IT. It will also show where it sudoesn’t. In this white paper you will also learn:
- Why strict security and compliance requirements aren’t the only reason organizations are looking to enterprise-friendly sudo alternatives.
- About how today’s IT infrastructure has become a dynamic fabric, where change and flexibility is an absolute requirement.
- How moving to an enterprise-ready sudo alternative provides a highly valued productivity enhancement that can be used to quickly corral the sprawl created by new technology adoption, such as virtualization and cloud computing.
Sponsor: Beyond Trust
Special Reports: DevOps
Have projects in development that need help? Have a great development operation in place that can ALWAYS be better? Regardless of where you are in your DevOps process, Linux Journal can help!
With deep focus on Collaborative Development, Continuous Testing and Release & Deployment, we offer here the DEFINITIVE DevOps for Dummies, a mobile Application Development Primer, advice & help from the experts, plus a host of other books, videos, podcasts and more. All free with a quick, one-time registration. Start browsing now...
- SUSE – “Will not diverge from its Open Source roots!”
- Dealing with Boundary Issues
- Vagrant Simplified
- Libreboot on an X60, Part I: the Setup
- System Status as SMS Text Messages
- October 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: Raspberry Pi
- Bluetooth Hacks
- Disney's Linux Light Bulbs (Not a "Luxo Jr." Reboot)
- New Products
- October 2015 Video Preview