Download "Migrating Middleware Applications Using Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization"
Consolidating older servers to newer Intel® Xeon® processor-based Dell platforms that employ power-saving capabilities and faster processors with more cores can be an excellent strategy for reducing data center costs. However, to realize these cost savings, application owners must limit the retuning and testing costs of porting applications. Consolidating to a virtualized environment that supports virtual machines (VMs) running the original operating system can be an ideal and easy-to-implement solution.
- Integrating Trac, Jenkins and Cobbler—Customizing Linux Operating Systems for Organizational Needs
- New Products
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- EdgeRouter Lite
- Non-Linux FOSS: Remember Burning ISOs?
- RSS Feeds
- Cooking with Linux - Serious Cool, Sysadmin Style!