Download "Migrating Middleware Applications Using Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization"
Consolidating older servers to newer Intel® Xeon® processor-based Dell platforms that employ power-saving capabilities and faster processors with more cores can be an excellent strategy for reducing data center costs. However, to realize these cost savings, application owners must limit the retuning and testing costs of porting applications. Consolidating to a virtualized environment that supports virtual machines (VMs) running the original operating system can be an ideal and easy-to-implement solution.
Free DevOps eBooks, Videos, and more!
Regardless of where you are in your DevOps process, Linux Journal can help!
We offer here the DEFINITIVE DevOps for Dummies, a mobile Application Development Primer, and advice & help from the expert sources like:
- Linux Journal
- New Products
- Flexible Access Control with Squid Proxy
- Users, Permissions and Multitenant Sites
- Solving ODEs on Linux
- Security in Three Ds: Detect, Decide and Deny
- Tighten Up SSH
- DevOps: Everything You Need to Know
- High-Availability Storage with HA-LVM
- DNSMasq, the Pint-Sized Super Dæmon!
- Non-Linux FOSS: MenuMeters