DOOR3 Delivers Full-Service Drupal Site for Surex Direct
Calgary, AB (RPRN) 06/05/12 — Alberta Auto and Home Insurance Broker Surex Direct has partnered with web development company DOOR3 to create Alberta’s first and only solution for complete online auto insurance policies. The site employs the fast-growing, open-source content management system, Drupal, as its back-end system.
Surex Direct conceived the idea to create an online service where customers can instantly comparison shop quotes on auto or home insurance, purchase policies and print proof of insurance all at one site. The broker enlisted DOOR3 to assist the company with turning the idea into a reality. DOOR3 designs and builds enterprise business applications for web, social and mobile media including solutions built with Drupal.
An innovative leader in content management, Drupal powers some of the busiest sites on the web, and can be adapted to virtually any visual design. Some of the most visible and highest-trafficked sites in the world run on Drupal, including examiner.com, whitehouse.gov, and most of the top 100 universities. The content management system has a reputation for being very secure and has a vast development and administrator community. Because Drupal is open-source software, Surex Direct is able to avoid licensing fees and instead use those resources to build a more user-friendly website for its customers.
“We needed the technological capabilities to not only power a search engine for comparison shopping, but to also allow our customers to manage their accounts 24/7,” said Matt Alston, Surex Direct Managing Partner. “DOOR3 has effectively applied Drupal’s abilities to accomplish our objective of providing our customers with a one-stop shop for locating, purchasing and managing their insurance policies.”
DOOR3 Senior Drupal Developer Wesley Nichols led the development of the enhanced Surex Direct website. “My colleagues and I at DOOR3 were happy to be involved with the creation of this unique concept,” said Nichols. "SurexDirect.com has made shopping and managing auto insurance policies for Albertans a painless and empowering process.”
About Surex Direct
Surex Direct is an online insurance broker providing auto and home insurance to Alberta residents. Surex Direct does not have any brick and mortar branches but customer service agents can be reached at 1-855-MY-SUREX. Social responsibility is a core aspect of how Surex Direct does business. A percentage of Surex Direct profits are awarded to charities in Alberta through its Direct Affiliate program.
Web Development News
|Dynamic DNS—an Object Lesson in Problem Solving||May 21, 2013|
|Using Salt Stack and Vagrant for Drupal Development||May 20, 2013|
|Making Linux and Android Get Along (It's Not as Hard as It Sounds)||May 16, 2013|
|Drupal Is a Framework: Why Everyone Needs to Understand This||May 15, 2013|
|Home, My Backup Data Center||May 13, 2013|
|Non-Linux FOSS: Seashore||May 10, 2013|
- RSS Feeds
- Making Linux and Android Get Along (It's Not as Hard as It Sounds)
- Using Salt Stack and Vagrant for Drupal Development
- Dynamic DNS—an Object Lesson in Problem Solving
- New Products
- Validate an E-Mail Address with PHP, the Right Way
- Drupal Is a Framework: Why Everyone Needs to Understand This
- A Topic for Discussion - Open Source Feature-Richness?
- Download the Free Red Hat White Paper "Using an Open Source Framework to Catch the Bad Guy"
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Keeping track of IP address
24 min 13 sec ago
- Roll your own dynamic dns
5 hours 37 min ago
- Please correct the URL for Salt Stack's web site
8 hours 49 min ago
- Android is Linux -- why no better inter-operation
11 hours 4 min ago
- Connecting Android device to desktop Linux via USB
11 hours 32 min ago
- Find new cell phone and tablet pc
12 hours 31 min ago
13 hours 59 min ago
- Automatically updating Guest Additions
15 hours 8 min ago
- I like your topic on android
15 hours 54 min ago
- This is the easiest tutorial
22 hours 30 min ago