DIY RC FIY
I've always had a thing for remote control (RC) aircraft. The kid and I have several half-broken ones to prove it. So now I'm thinking about taking it to the next level. Literally. With a DIY Drone -- a kind of aerial robot. You fly it yourself (FIY), but with your feet on the ground and a controller in your hands.
While the kid's interest is in piloting one, mine is in using it to shoot pictures. I've done some of that already, using far heavier aircraft.
There's a Linux angle too. Microcontrol platforms like the Ardrino are open source in both hardware and software.
So I'm measuring interest here. Anybody else around here into this stuff? Is it something we should pursue here at Linux Journal?
Doc Searls is Senior Editor of Linux Journal
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014 Poll
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Identifying Swift Opportunities Relating to interview transcript holocaust
- Senior Perl Developer
- Technical Support Rep
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- Source Code Scanners for Better Code
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014