Copy a CD or DVD with dd
Apr 18, 2008 By Mitch Frazier
If you need to copy a CD to your hard drive:
prompt@shell$ dd if=/dev/cdrom of=/path/to/cdcopy.iso
For a DVD:
prompt@shell$ dd if=/dev/dvd of=/path/to/dvdcopy.iso____________________________
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- Readers' Choice Awards--Nominate Your Apps & Gadgets Now!
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- RSS Feeds
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- Non-Linux FOSS: AutoHotkey