Cool Projects--Call for Articles
Are you working on a cool Linux project? Do you want an excuse to work on a cool Linux project? Have you always wanted to do awesome things with Linux, but were afraid no one would appreciate your efforts?
Linux Journal is looking for a handful of articles for our upcoming "Cool Projects" issue. Here's a link to last year's, if you want to see some of the things we came up with last August. It's an incredibly fun issue, and we'd love for you to be a part of making it happen.
Here are some examples of the types of things we're looking for:
- Homemade Roomba
- Linux based "smarthome"
- Wireless mailman notification system (like, the real mailman)
- Awesome case mods
- In car computer systems
- *insert awesome idea here*
You get the idea. We want everyone to be able to have fun, though, so we're looking for distinct, reproducible, HOW-TO type stuff. And for those readers unable to actually do the projects, be sure to include lots of photos along way, so they can at least enjoy the projects vicariously.
So that's it! Send your ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org. We're anxious to see what you come up with!
Jill Franklin, Executive Editor, Linux Journal
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Linux Kernel News - November 2013
- Mars Needs Women
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- RSS Feeds
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- Advanced Hard Drive Caching Techniques
- Web Administration Scripts
- IBM Will Minimize Impact of Future Disasters
- thanks for share, great
3 hours 29 min ago
- There are factors which are
8 hours 29 min ago
- Gnome 3 ?
9 hours 14 min ago
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
13 hours 21 min ago
- "Redis RethinkDB 4.5%" on Best NoSQL Databases
23 hours 27 min ago
- on the ground
1 day 5 hours ago
- I was able to read the whole
1 day 7 hours ago
- since i have read the title i
1 day 10 hours ago
- Belanja Online Cari Voucher Diskon
1 day 10 hours ago
- The kernel doesn't really
1 day 22 hours ago