Cool Projects--Call for Articles
Are you working on a cool Linux project? Do you want an excuse to work on a cool Linux project? Have you always wanted to do awesome things with Linux, but were afraid no one would appreciate your efforts?
Linux Journal is looking for a handful of articles for our upcoming "Cool Projects" issue. Here's a link to last year's, if you want to see some of the things we came up with last August. It's an incredibly fun issue, and we'd love for you to be a part of making it happen.
Here are some examples of the types of things we're looking for:
- Homemade Roomba
- Linux based "smarthome"
- Wireless mailman notification system (like, the real mailman)
- Awesome case mods
- In car computer systems
- *insert awesome idea here*
You get the idea. We want everyone to be able to have fun, though, so we're looking for distinct, reproducible, HOW-TO type stuff. And for those readers unable to actually do the projects, be sure to include lots of photos along way, so they can at least enjoy the projects vicariously.
So that's it! Send your ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org. We're anxious to see what you come up with!
Jill Franklin, Executive Editor, Linux Journal
Win an iPhone 6
Enter to Win
|Geek Hide-away in Guatemala - Stay for Free!||Nov 26, 2015|
|Microsoft and Linux: True Romance or Toxic Love?||Nov 25, 2015|
|Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.||Nov 24, 2015|
|Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH||Nov 23, 2015|
|Web Stores Held Hostage||Nov 19, 2015|
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Nov 17, 2015|
- Microsoft and Linux: True Romance or Toxic Love?
- Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH
- Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.
- Web Stores Held Hostage
- Firefox's New Feature for Tighter Security
- It's a Bird. It's Another Bird!
- Geek Hide-away in Guatemala - Stay for Free!
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- PuppetLabs Introduces Application Orchestration
- IBM LinuxONE Provides New Options for Linux Deployment