I have a question to which I am trying to find an answer. If suexec is enabled in apache, a user can run his scripts under his own ID. It is fine. My questions are
1. In the first place for what purposes a user want to run CGI under his own ID.
2. Whatever is the purpose , why can't we change the permissions for the user accordingly in his virtual host entry in httpd conf file
3. Also I read that there are dangers in enabling suexec. What are the dangers. Some where it is written that when other users can execute his CGI scripts . it poses a danger to the server. How is this caused. Please explain me with a scenario.
I have read many articles , but I could not understand why the users want to run CGI scripts under their own ID. Why can't they be run under server's ID as nobody .
Thank You very much.
- Nightfall on Linux
- Vivaldi Technologies Vivaldi Web Browser
- Installing and Running a Headless Virtualization Server
- When BirdCam Goes Mainstream
- Secure Desktops with Qubes: Compartmentalization
- Build Your Own Raspberry Pi Camera
- Ubuntu MATE, Not Just a Whim
- Polishing the wegrep Wrapper Script
- Daily Giveaway - Fun Prizes from Red Hat!
- Android Candy: More Life Gamification