I have a question to which I am trying to find an answer. If suexec is enabled in apache, a user can run his scripts under his own ID. It is fine. My questions are
1. In the first place for what purposes a user want to run CGI under his own ID.
2. Whatever is the purpose , why can't we change the permissions for the user accordingly in his virtual host entry in httpd conf file
3. Also I read that there are dangers in enabling suexec. What are the dangers. Some where it is written that when other users can execute his CGI scripts . it poses a danger to the server. How is this caused. Please explain me with a scenario.
I have read many articles , but I could not understand why the users want to run CGI scripts under their own ID. Why can't they be run under server's ID as nobody .
Thank You very much.
|PHP for Non-Developers||Jun 30, 2015|
|A Code Boot Camp for Underprivileged Kids||Jun 30, 2015|
|Comprehensive Identity Management and Audit for Red Hat Enterprise Linux||Jun 29, 2015|
|Linux Kernel 4.1 Released||Jun 26, 2015|
|Secure Server Deployments in Hostile Territory||Jun 25, 2015|
|Take Control of Growing Redis NoSQL Server Clusters||Jun 24, 2015|
- PHP for Non-Developers
- A Code Boot Camp for Underprivileged Kids
- Linux Kernel 4.1 Released
- Secure Server Deployments in Hostile Territory
- Comprehensive Identity Management and Audit for Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Django Templates
- Cinnamon 2.6 Released
- Gettin' Sticky with It
- Practical Books for the Most Technical People on the Planet
- The AtoMiC Toolkit!