BeOS Cluster Goes Live
In an attempt to keep the aging fleet of P133 desktop workstations in
working order, San Francisco's Fine Art & Design college opted to
install a BeOS cluster for their image rendering needs. IT manager
Whit Wheatly tells BeOS Journal:
"The cases for these older machines are sturdy enough that we just
stack them on the floor. Our 120 BeCluster computers not only supply
us with over 2Ghz of raw processing power, but they also heat several
classrooms! We're saving money on two fronts!"
BeOS clusters are just one of the many ways BeOS is improving the
technology landscape. Go BeOS! What a cluster!
- One Port to Rule Them All!
- Privacy Is Personal
- PHP for Non-Developers
- Secure Server Deployments in Hostile Territory
- Linux Kernel 4.1 Released
- Django Templates
- July 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: Mobile
- A Code Boot Camp for Underprivileged Kids
- Practical Books for the Most Technical People on the Planet
- Attack of the Drones