BarCampESM - Making Things Happen in Austin, TX
This past Saturday, approximately fifty members of the enterprise systems management community got together in Austin, Texas for their own BarCamp. This event, BarCampESM, allowed for an informal gathering at which to brainstorm and create some real change in their industry. The BarCamp event format has proven to be popular with the technology community for its free, open, and inclusive setting, and in this context it seems to blend some open source ideals with a usually "commercial" enterprise audience.
The event's organizers, William Hurley of BMC Software, Mark Hinkle of Zenoss, and John Willis of Zabovo, seem to be on to something. Will Hurley (known to most as whurley) filled me in on some of the day's accomplishments.
Today has already produced
several major announcements including:
1. The release of the new Open Management Consortium website -
2. The announcement that the OMC now has over 1000 members
3. The announcement of two new open standards projects:
- OMC Design Patterns
- OMC Open Agent
The two projects (especially the design patterns) are very interesting
as we have contributors from both proprietary vendors and leading open
source projects at a consensus on the need/direction for these
This is a revolutionary event that has already become the focal
point/catalyst for the dramatic change to effect an industry that has
remained stale for far too long.
For more information about this and hopefully future events see:
Win an iPhone 6
Enter to Win
|Geek Hide-away in Guatemala - Stay for Free!||Nov 26, 2015|
|Microsoft and Linux: True Romance or Toxic Love?||Nov 25, 2015|
|Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.||Nov 24, 2015|
|Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH||Nov 23, 2015|
|Web Stores Held Hostage||Nov 19, 2015|
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Nov 17, 2015|
- Microsoft and Linux: True Romance or Toxic Love?
- Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH
- Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.
- Geek Hide-away in Guatemala - Stay for Free!
- Web Stores Held Hostage
- Firefox's New Feature for Tighter Security
- PuppetLabs Introduces Application Orchestration
- It's a Bird. It's Another Bird!
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- IBM LinuxONE Provides New Options for Linux Deployment