Barack Obama Looking for People Who Do LAMP
You must have:
* At least 5 years of professional web development experience
* A deep understanding of LAMP development processes and best practices
* Experience building complex applications using PHP and MySQL
* An abiding desire to put your technical wizardry to work for democracy and for our country
Special consideration given to candidates who have:
* Experience scaling large LAMP applications
* Posses deep knowledge of MySQL performance and query optimization
* Strong practical knowledge of web application security
* Created highly usable user interface/experience for complex web applications
* Worked in a fast‐paced web development environment and have proven their ability to write outstanding code under tight deadlines
Successful candidates will join the development team in Boston, MA. Candidates should be willing to commit to work through the election in November. This is a salaried position. Housing assistance may be available for those not located in the Boston area.
Thanks to Linux Journal friend Jim Thompson for the link!
Carlie Fairchild is the publisher of Linux Journal.
Getting Started with DevOps - Including New Data on IT Performance from Puppet Labs 2015 State of DevOps Report
August 27, 2015
12:00 PM CDT
DevOps represents a profound change from the way most IT departments have traditionally worked: from siloed teams and high-anxiety releases to everyone collaborating on uneventful and more frequent releases of higher-quality code. It doesn't matter how large or small an organization is, or even whether it's historically slow moving or risk averse — there are ways to adopt DevOps sanely, and get measurable results in just weeks.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- Django Models and Migrations
- Hacking a Safe with Bash
- Secure Server Deployments in Hostile Territory, Part II
- Home Automation with Raspberry Pi
- Huge Package Overhaul for Debian and Ubuntu
- The Controversy Behind Canonical's Intellectual Property Policy
- Shashlik - a Tasty New Android Simulator
- Embed Linux in Monitoring and Control Systems
- KDE Reveals Plasma Mobile
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development