Ascensio System SIA's ONLYOFFICE
Ascensio System SIA boasts that its ONLYOFFICE office and productivity suite combines the best from the MS Office and Google Docs worlds. ONLYOFFICE is a free and open-source solution and is distributed under the AGPL v.3 license.
Ascensio says that its solution trumps Google Docs' collaborative capabilities, allowing users to choose how to co-edit documents—for example, "Fast" (like in Google Docs) or "Strict" (when the changes appear after saving). ONLYOFFICE also out-features MS Office Online, asserts Ascensio, allowing its users to work with auto-shapes, -formulas and -charts online.
Regarding file formats, Ascensio claims better support for MS Office formats than any other open-source office suite, and it is fully compatible with OpenDocument formats as well. The recently updated ONLYOFFICE 8.9 features the updated collaboration system called Community Server, which includes mail and calendar integration and mail autoreply. Meanwhile, the updated document editors, aka the Document Server, now offer fast real-time co-editing, commenting and integrated chat, reviewing and tracking changes, and version history.
James Gray is Products Editor for Linux Journal.
- Three EU Industries That Need HPC Now
- Chemistry on the Desktop
- Five HPC Cost Considerations to Maximize ROI
- FinTech and SAP HANA
- HOSTING Monitoring Insights
- Preseeding Full Disk Encryption
- William Rothwell and Nick Garner's Certified Ethical Hacker Complete Video Course (Pearson IT Certification)
- Two Factors Are Better Than One
- GRUB Boot from ISO
- Two Ways GDPR Will Change Your Data Storage Solution