Android Candy: I'm Sorry 2048 Times
It seems like every day there's a new mobile game that takes the world by storm. Whether it's Flappy Bird or Candy Crush, there's something about simple games that appeals to our need for quick, instant gratification.
I don't normally recommend games, unless they're particularly nostalgic or something, but this month I have to mention 2048. Maybe it's the math nerd in me that loves powers of 2, or maybe it's that this game is just the right amount of challenging and infuriating. Whatever the secret recipe for a great mobile game is, 2048 has discovered it.
The basic premise is you keep combining similarly numbered blocks to get higher and higher numbered blocks. To win the game, you get the coveted 2048 block. I know our own Linux Journal bookkeeper has gotten further than that, however, and has scored at least 4096, with rumors of getting as high as 8192. Do you like math? Do you hate sleep? This game might be just for you. And like the title says, I'm so, so sorry. Get your copy today—just search for 2048 at the Google Play store. (There are several similar games, I don't want to favor one over the other.)
If you don't want to play on your phone, you can play on-line at http://gabrielecirulli.github.io/2048.
|NTPsec: a Secure, Hardened NTP Implementation||Mar 30, 2017|
|SUSE Linux Enterprise High Availability Extension||Mar 29, 2017|
|Hybrid Cloud Storage Delivers Performance and Value||Mar 29, 2017|
|smbclient Security for Windows Printing and File Transfer||Mar 28, 2017|
|How to Calculate Flash Storage TCO||Mar 27, 2017|
|Non-Linux FOSS: Don't Drink the Apple Kool-Aid; Brew Your Own!||Mar 27, 2017|
- NTPsec: a Secure, Hardened NTP Implementation
- smbclient Security for Windows Printing and File Transfer
- Hybrid Cloud Storage Delivers Performance and Value
- SUSE Linux Enterprise High Availability Extension
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- Non-Linux FOSS: Don't Drink the Apple Kool-Aid; Brew Your Own!
- William Rothwell and Nick Garner's Certified Ethical Hacker Complete Video Course (Pearson IT Certification)
- Hodge Podge
- HOSTING Monitoring Insights
- Three EU Industries That Need HPC Now