AMD Scrambles to Supply BeOS Bonanza
Note: This article was written on April Fool's Day, April 1, 2008.
BeOS Journal News has learned that AMD is frantically outfitting additional facilities in order to meet the demand for processors created by the BeOS boom.
According to an AMD insider, who spoke under a condition of anonymity, the company is converting any available building — reportedly including a Latvian Poodle Wax and Sushi Stand in El Camino Real — into production sites, and are hiring every available worker in the general West Coast area. Analysts are predicting a four-to-five fold increase in demand, making it imperative that the manufacturer get a jump start on production before orders begin flowing.
Reached for comment, an AMD executive declined to confirm the reports, but muffled shouts of "We got a warehouse in Santa Clara" and what we believe to be poodles barking could be heard in the background. The BeOS Journal News Team will continue to keep you informed of developments in this breaking story as they happen.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
|Understanding OpenStack's Success||Feb 21, 2017|
|Natalie Rusk's Scratch Coding Cards (No Starch Press)||Feb 17, 2017|
|Own Your DNS Data||Feb 16, 2017|
|IGEL Universal Desktop Converter||Feb 15, 2017|
|Simple Server Hardening||Feb 14, 2017|
|Server Technology's HDOT Alt-Phase Switched POPS PDU||Feb 13, 2017|
- Understanding OpenStack's Success
- Own Your DNS Data
- Simple Server Hardening
- Understanding Firewalld in Multi-Zone Configurations
- Teradici's Cloud Access Platform: "Plug & Play" Cloud for the Enterprise
- From vs. to + for Microsoft and Linux
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Bash Shell Script: Building a Better March Madness Bracket
- Natalie Rusk's Scratch Coding Cards (No Starch Press)