AMD Scrambles to Supply BeOS Bonanza
Note: This article was written on April Fool's Day, April 1, 2008.
BeOS Journal News has learned that AMD is frantically outfitting additional facilities in order to meet the demand for processors created by the BeOS boom.
According to an AMD insider, who spoke under a condition of anonymity, the company is converting any available building — reportedly including a Latvian Poodle Wax and Sushi Stand in El Camino Real — into production sites, and are hiring every available worker in the general West Coast area. Analysts are predicting a four-to-five fold increase in demand, making it imperative that the manufacturer get a jump start on production before orders begin flowing.
Reached for comment, an AMD executive declined to confirm the reports, but muffled shouts of "We got a warehouse in Santa Clara" and what we believe to be poodles barking could be heard in the background. The BeOS Journal News Team will continue to keep you informed of developments in this breaking story as they happen.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
|PasswordPing Ltd.'s Exposed Password and Credentials API Service||Apr 28, 2017|
|Graph Any Data with Cacti!||Apr 27, 2017|
|Be Kind, Buffer!||Apr 26, 2017|
|Preparing Data for Machine Learning||Apr 25, 2017|
|openHAB||Apr 24, 2017|
|Omesh Tickoo and Ravi Iyer's Making Sense of Sensors (Apress)||Apr 21, 2017|
- Graph Any Data with Cacti!
- Teradici's Cloud Access Platform: "Plug & Play" Cloud for the Enterprise
- The Weather Outside Is Frightful (Or Is It?)
- Simple Server Hardening
- Understanding Firewalld in Multi-Zone Configurations
- Gordon H. Williams' Making Things Smart (Maker Media, Inc.)
- IGEL Universal Desktop Converter
- Server Technology's HDOT Alt-Phase Switched POPS PDU
- From vs. to + for Microsoft and Linux