AMD Scrambles to Supply BeOS Bonanza
Note: This article was written on April Fool's Day, April 1, 2008.
BeOS Journal News has learned that AMD is frantically outfitting additional facilities in order to meet the demand for processors created by the BeOS boom.
According to an AMD insider, who spoke under a condition of anonymity, the company is converting any available building — reportedly including a Latvian Poodle Wax and Sushi Stand in El Camino Real — into production sites, and are hiring every available worker in the general West Coast area. Analysts are predicting a four-to-five fold increase in demand, making it imperative that the manufacturer get a jump start on production before orders begin flowing.
Reached for comment, an AMD executive declined to confirm the reports, but muffled shouts of "We got a warehouse in Santa Clara" and what we believe to be poodles barking could be heard in the background. The BeOS Journal News Team will continue to keep you informed of developments in this breaking story as they happen.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- Nightfall on Linux
- When BirdCam Goes Mainstream
- Installing and Running a Headless Virtualization Server
- Secure Desktops with Qubes: Compartmentalization
- Ubuntu MATE, Not Just a Whim
- Daily Giveaway - Fun Prizes from Red Hat!
- Nasdaq Selects Drupal 8
- Build Your Own Raspberry Pi Camera
- Polishing the wegrep Wrapper Script
- Vivaldi Technologies Vivaldi Web Browser