Adobe Levels the Playing Field with AIR 1.5 for Linux
Adobe releases AIR 1.5 for Linux today, December 18, 2008. This is great news for Linux users that have been stuck with 1.1 Beta. AIR applications that have been unable to install should install and run without problems.
Also of note, there was a small update to the Adobe Flash Player yesterday, that smooths out a few glitches with the web-based application installer mechanism AIR uses to install local apps.
Adobe has committed to releasing all future updates to AIR in tandem for all 3 operating systems they support. No more will the Linux community need to wait months to get the new version.
Not familiar with AIR? That's OK, it's a great time to check it out. The Adobe Marketplace has tons of applications to try.
- Three EU Industries That Need HPC Now
- Chemistry on the Desktop
- Five HPC Cost Considerations to Maximize ROI
- FinTech and SAP HANA
- HOSTING Monitoring Insights
- Preseeding Full Disk Encryption
- William Rothwell and Nick Garner's Certified Ethical Hacker Complete Video Course (Pearson IT Certification)
- Two Factors Are Better Than One
- Two Ways GDPR Will Change Your Data Storage Solution
- GRUB Boot from ISO