Download "Git Adoption in the Enterprise: Factors to Consider"
With the rise in popularity of Distributed Version Control Systems (DVCS) in recent years, Git has gained momentum. Similar to the Agile movement that has been transforming the software world, Git is rising to popularity because of developers’ passion for better software and efficiency. But is the enterprise ready to adopt an entirely new model of working, possibly sacrificing the process management and security aspects of traditional software configuration and change management (SCCM)?
In this paper, you will learn about:
• The reasons developers choose to use Git as their SCCM tool
• The hidden risks of using Git across an enterprise that often lead to costly manual workarounds
• Alternative solutions that integrate with Git to make it enterprise-ready
|Where's That Pesky Hidden Word?||Aug 28, 2015|
|A Project to Guarantee Better Security for Open-Source Projects||Aug 27, 2015|
|Concerning Containers' Connections: on Docker Networking||Aug 26, 2015|
|My Network Go-Bag||Aug 24, 2015|
|Doing Astronomy with Python||Aug 19, 2015|
|Build a “Virtual SuperComputer” with Process Virtualization||Aug 18, 2015|
- Concerning Containers' Connections: on Docker Networking
- A Project to Guarantee Better Security for Open-Source Projects
- Problems with Ubuntu's Software Center and How Canonical Plans to Fix Them
- My Network Go-Bag
- Where's That Pesky Hidden Word?
- Firefox Security Exploit Targets Linux Users and Web Developers
- Doing Astronomy with Python
- Build a “Virtual SuperComputer” with Process Virtualization
- Three More Lessons
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development