Download "Git Adoption in the Enterprise: Factors to Consider"
With the rise in popularity of Distributed Version Control Systems (DVCS) in recent years, Git has gained momentum. Similar to the Agile movement that has been transforming the software world, Git is rising to popularity because of developers’ passion for better software and efficiency. But is the enterprise ready to adopt an entirely new model of working, possibly sacrificing the process management and security aspects of traditional software configuration and change management (SCCM)?
In this paper, you will learn about:
• The reasons developers choose to use Git as their SCCM tool
• The hidden risks of using Git across an enterprise that often lead to costly manual workarounds
• Alternative solutions that integrate with Git to make it enterprise-ready
|Silicon Mechanics Gives Back||Jul 30, 2014|
|Reglue: Opening Up the World to Deserving Kids, One Linux Computer at a Time||Jul 29, 2014|
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Jul 23, 2014|
|Great Scott! It's Version 13!||Jul 21, 2014|
|Adminer—Better Than Awesome!||Jul 17, 2014|
|It Actually Is Rocket Science||Jul 16, 2014|
- Reglue: Opening Up the World to Deserving Kids, One Linux Computer at a Time
- Numerical Python
- Silicon Mechanics Gives Back
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- RSS Feeds
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer