High-Performance Linux Clusters
The HPC market has made its choice, and the choice is the Linux OS due to its superior performance, lower costs and its community of open-source developers and vendors. Windows may have a lot to offer entry-level users, especially those with more limited resources or goals. Likewise, UNIX still has a lot to offer for many legacy HPC applications. However, both Windows and UNIX require more work to be able to deliver the same functionality and compelling price-performance value of Linux. The HPC market is more open and competitive than it has ever been, but it is clear that Linux is still the best choice for today and the foreseeable future.
David Morton brings 17 years' experience in supercomputing in both vendor and end-user roles to Linux Networx. Dave is responsible for leading the Linux Networx technology vision and directing the hardware, software and system engineering teams. Previously, Dave served as technical director for the Maui High Performance Computer Center where he was responsible for the definition and oversight of technology for this Department of Defense supercomputing center. He held several positions at SGI, including director of server I/O and continuation engineering and director of Origin platform engineering. Dave's experience includes eight years at Cray Research, where he was named inventor on three issued patents. Dave earned a Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Illinois and an MBA from the University of Minnesota.
|Dynamic DNS—an Object Lesson in Problem Solving||May 21, 2013|
|Using Salt Stack and Vagrant for Drupal Development||May 20, 2013|
|Making Linux and Android Get Along (It's Not as Hard as It Sounds)||May 16, 2013|
|Drupal Is a Framework: Why Everyone Needs to Understand This||May 15, 2013|
|Home, My Backup Data Center||May 13, 2013|
|Non-Linux FOSS: Seashore||May 10, 2013|
- RSS Feeds
- Making Linux and Android Get Along (It's Not as Hard as It Sounds)
- Using Salt Stack and Vagrant for Drupal Development
- Dynamic DNS—an Object Lesson in Problem Solving
- New Products
- Validate an E-Mail Address with PHP, the Right Way
- Drupal Is a Framework: Why Everyone Needs to Understand This
- A Topic for Discussion - Open Source Feature-Richness?
- Download the Free Red Hat White Paper "Using an Open Source Framework to Catch the Bad Guy"
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Roll your own dynamic dns
4 hours 27 min ago
- Please correct the URL for Salt Stack's web site
7 hours 39 min ago
- Android is Linux -- why no better inter-operation
9 hours 54 min ago
- Connecting Android device to desktop Linux via USB
10 hours 23 min ago
- Find new cell phone and tablet pc
11 hours 21 min ago
12 hours 50 min ago
- Automatically updating Guest Additions
13 hours 58 min ago
- I like your topic on android
14 hours 45 min ago
- This is the easiest tutorial
21 hours 20 min ago
- Ahh, the Koolaid.
1 day 2 hours ago