Turning Ubuntu into Kubuntu
Now that I've had you go through all these installation steps, you may be asking whether there is an easy way to do this from the shell. The short answer is yes. From a terminal shell window, you can type the following:
sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop
Did I just hear a quiet, whispered, "Wow"? Now that you have some appreciation for the power of the shell, turn to Chapter 21 and dig a little deeper.
KDE Desktop Environment: www.kde.org
Kubuntu Web Site: http://www.kubuntu.org
Marcel's Moving to Linux: Kiss the Blue Screen of Death Goodbye! : www.marcelgagne.com/mtl2nd.html
© Copyright Pearson Education. All rights reserved.
Excerpt provided by Addison-Wesley Professional an imprint of Pearson Education
"Moving to Ubuntu Linux" by Marcel Gagné
Getting Started with DevOps - Including New Data on IT Performance from Puppet Labs 2015 State of DevOps Report
August 27, 2015
12:00 PM CDT
DevOps represents a profound change from the way most IT departments have traditionally worked: from siloed teams and high-anxiety releases to everyone collaborating on uneventful and more frequent releases of higher-quality code. It doesn't matter how large or small an organization is, or even whether it's historically slow moving or risk averse — there are ways to adopt DevOps sanely, and get measurable results in just weeks.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- August 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: Programming
- Django Models and Migrations
- Hacking a Safe with Bash
- Secure Server Deployments in Hostile Territory, Part II
- The Controversy Behind Canonical's Intellectual Property Policy
- Huge Package Overhaul for Debian and Ubuntu
- Shashlik - a Tasty New Android Simulator
- Embed Linux in Monitoring and Control Systems
- KDE Reveals Plasma Mobile
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development