Turning Ubuntu into Kubuntu
Now that I've had you go through all these installation steps, you may be asking whether there is an easy way to do this from the shell. The short answer is yes. From a terminal shell window, you can type the following:
sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop
Did I just hear a quiet, whispered, "Wow"? Now that you have some appreciation for the power of the shell, turn to Chapter 21 and dig a little deeper.
KDE Desktop Environment: www.kde.org
Kubuntu Web Site: http://www.kubuntu.org
Marcel's Moving to Linux: Kiss the Blue Screen of Death Goodbye! : www.marcelgagne.com/mtl2nd.html
© Copyright Pearson Education. All rights reserved.
Excerpt provided by Addison-Wesley Professional an imprint of Pearson Education
"Moving to Ubuntu Linux" by Marcel Gagné
One Click, Universal Protection: Implementing Centralized Security Policies on Linux Systems
Join editor Bill Childers and Bit9's Paul Riegle on April 27 at 12pm Central to learn how to keep your Linux systems secure.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
|Security Hardening with Ansible||Aug 18, 2014|
|Monitoring Android Traffic with Wireshark||Aug 14, 2014|
|IndieBox: for Gamers Who Miss Boxes!||Aug 13, 2014|
|Non-Linux FOSS: a Virtualized Cisco Infrastructure?||Aug 11, 2014|
|Linux Security Threats on the Rise||Aug 08, 2014|
|Android Candy: Oyster—Netflix for Books!||Aug 07, 2014|
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Monitoring Android Traffic with Wireshark
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- IndieBox: for Gamers Who Miss Boxes!
- RSS Feeds
- Linux Security Threats on the Rise
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Cooking with Linux - Serious Cool, Sysadmin Style!
- Linux Systems Administrator