Turning Ubuntu into Kubuntu
Now that I've had you go through all these installation steps, you may be asking whether there is an easy way to do this from the shell. The short answer is yes. From a terminal shell window, you can type the following:
sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop
Did I just hear a quiet, whispered, "Wow"? Now that you have some appreciation for the power of the shell, turn to Chapter 21 and dig a little deeper.
KDE Desktop Environment: www.kde.org
Kubuntu Web Site: http://www.kubuntu.org
Marcel's Moving to Linux: Kiss the Blue Screen of Death Goodbye! : www.marcelgagne.com/mtl2nd.html
© Copyright Pearson Education. All rights reserved.
Excerpt provided by Addison-Wesley Professional an imprint of Pearson Education
"Moving to Ubuntu Linux" by Marcel Gagné
- Integrating Trac, Jenkins and Cobbler—Customizing Linux Operating Systems for Organizational Needs
- New Products
- Non-Linux FOSS: Remember Burning ISOs?
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- EdgeRouter Lite
- RSS Feeds
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- SUSE, MariaDB and IBM team up to tame Big Data