OpenOffice.org ODF, Python and XML
I hope this introduction has been useful, but it's only the beginning of how Python/XML can work with ODF files.
For example, I had an OpenDocument spreadsheet, and I wanted to add up the values of all cells having a yellow background, which Python/XML allowed me to do. I've also had the need to get all the e-mail addresses from one column of a spreadsheet, except for those in italic or strikeout type. I don't think OpenOffice.org will let me do that, but Python/XML will.
Current Python Library Reference: docs.python.org/lib
Older (pre-2.5) Versions of Python Documentation: www.python.org/doc/versions
Dave Taylor's Work the Shell columns in Linux Journal provide a terrific introduction to shell scripting.
Collin Park has been a computer engineer since 1976 and currently works for Network Appliance. He runs Linux on four computers at home, which he shares with his wife and two teenage daughters.
|PasswordPing Ltd.'s Exposed Password and Credentials API Service||Apr 28, 2017|
|Graph Any Data with Cacti!||Apr 27, 2017|
|Be Kind, Buffer!||Apr 26, 2017|
|Preparing Data for Machine Learning||Apr 25, 2017|
|openHAB||Apr 24, 2017|
|Omesh Tickoo and Ravi Iyer's Making Sense of Sensors (Apress)||Apr 21, 2017|
- Teradici's Cloud Access Platform: "Plug & Play" Cloud for the Enterprise
- Graph Any Data with Cacti!
- The Weather Outside Is Frightful (Or Is It?)
- Simple Server Hardening
- Understanding Firewalld in Multi-Zone Configurations
- Gordon H. Williams' Making Things Smart (Maker Media, Inc.)
- Server Technology's HDOT Alt-Phase Switched POPS PDU
- IGEL Universal Desktop Converter
- A Switch for Your RPi