Chapter 4: Nagios Basics
Aug 08, 2006 By Wolfgang Barth
Chapter 4 - from the book Nagios: System and Network Monitoring by Wolfgang Barth -- Reprinted by permission from No Starch Press and Open Source Press. Available at booksellers now. Full book details are at the bottom of the article.
1 The parameter name parents can be explained by the fact that there are scenarios--such as in high availability environments--in which a host has two upstream routers that guarantee the Internet connection, for example.
- August 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: Programming
- Django Models and Migrations
- Hacking a Safe with Bash
- Secure Server Deployments in Hostile Territory, Part II
- The Controversy Behind Canonical's Intellectual Property Policy
- Huge Package Overhaul for Debian and Ubuntu
- Shashlik - a Tasty New Android Simulator
- Embed Linux in Monitoring and Control Systems
- KDE Reveals Plasma Mobile
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development