Building and Integrating a Small Office Intranet
I hope this article gives you some ideas and practical knowledge on how to better integrate your intranet with some of the more common systems found in a small business. An intranet shouldn't be only a news portal or electronic bulletin board. It should be an interactive tool for users and a time-saver for administrators. Users feel a level of comfort in a browser environment that they don't feel when searching through a filesystem or staring at a command line. Take advantage of that and your intranet will become a valuable asset to your business.
Building an E-mail Virus Detection System for Your Network: /article/4882
Pearce, Bevill, Leesburg & Moore P.C.: www.pearcebevill.com
Dave Jones is the IT Manager at Pearce, Bevill, Leesburg & Moore in Birmingham, Alabama. He has been a network administrator for eight years. He spends his time blogging and writing software at www.sector62.com.
- SUSE – “Will not diverge from its Open Source roots!”
- Dealing with Boundary Issues
- Vagrant Simplified
- Libreboot on an X60, Part I: the Setup
- System Status as SMS Text Messages
- October 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: Raspberry Pi
- Bluetooth Hacks
- Disney's Linux Light Bulbs (Not a "Luxo Jr." Reboot)
- New Products
- October 2015 Video Preview