Building and Integrating a Small Office Intranet
I hope this article gives you some ideas and practical knowledge on how to better integrate your intranet with some of the more common systems found in a small business. An intranet shouldn't be only a news portal or electronic bulletin board. It should be an interactive tool for users and a time-saver for administrators. Users feel a level of comfort in a browser environment that they don't feel when searching through a filesystem or staring at a command line. Take advantage of that and your intranet will become a valuable asset to your business.
Building an E-mail Virus Detection System for Your Network: /article/4882
Pearce, Bevill, Leesburg & Moore P.C.: www.pearcebevill.com
Dave Jones is the IT Manager at Pearce, Bevill, Leesburg & Moore in Birmingham, Alabama. He has been a network administrator for eight years. He spends his time blogging and writing software at www.sector62.com.
- Open-Source Space
- Silicon Mechanics Gives Back
- Numerical Python
- Reglue: Opening Up the World to Deserving Kids, One Linux Computer at a Time
- New Storage Solution is Music to the Ears of Fast-Growing Digital Music Company
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer
- Technical Support Rep
- UX Designer