Resources for “Building a Home Automation and Security System with Python”
Required Python Modules
sox (provides the play command): sox.sourceforge.net
“GNU Motion: Your Eye in the Sky for Computer Room Surveillance” by Phil Hollenback, LJ, March 2005: /article/7713
Serial I/O Kit: store.qkits.com/moreinfo.cfm/QK108
Webcams: any Linux-supported Webcam that works with video for Linux.
Mier DriveAlert: www.mierproducts.com
Water Alarm: www.mitedu.freeserve.co.uk/Circuits/Alarm/walarm.htm
One Click, Universal Protection: Implementing Centralized Security Policies on Linux Systems
Join editor Bill Childers and Bit9's Paul Riegle on April 27 at 12pm Central to learn how to keep your Linux systems secure.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
|Security Hardening with Ansible||Aug 18, 2014|
|Monitoring Android Traffic with Wireshark||Aug 14, 2014|
|IndieBox: for Gamers Who Miss Boxes!||Aug 13, 2014|
|Non-Linux FOSS: a Virtualized Cisco Infrastructure?||Aug 11, 2014|
|Linux Security Threats on the Rise||Aug 08, 2014|
|Android Candy: Oyster—Netflix for Books!||Aug 07, 2014|
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Monitoring Android Traffic with Wireshark
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- RSS Feeds
- IndieBox: for Gamers Who Miss Boxes!
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Linux Security Threats on the Rise
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Returning Values from Bash Functions