OpenOffice.org Off-the-Wall: ToCs, Indexes and Bibliographies in OOo Writer
If you have trouble wrapping your mind around the way that Writer lumps ToCs, indexes and bibliographies together, think of them as variations on cross-references. Like a cross-reference, an index or table entry requires a source and a reference to the source. This sounds like a blazingly obvious statement, yet it is one that other word processors have missed altogether. By uniting several separate actions under the same conceptual framework, Writer simplifies all of them. The result is an easy-to-use and highly customizable set of tools.
-- Bruce Byfield (nanday)
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- RSS Feeds
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Source Code Scanners for Better Code
- The IP Security Protocol, Part 1
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- The First Personal Platform—for Everything
- New Storage Solution is Music to the Ears of Fast-Growing Digital Music Company