Further Notes on Recording "Talkin bout the Weather"
If I was doing this over, I'd probably use Ardour's automation a lot more, and I'd check out some other LADSPA plugins. The drum parts can use some attention, and I probably could loosen up that dom7 riff a bit. A harmony vocal might be nice, and at least one listener thought it would be a good idea to bring in the harp earlier in the song. Well, my tracks all are in my Ardour session, and someday I'll try these ideas and suggestions, but right now I've got a new song that's bursting to be recorded into Ardour. Gotta run, the session can't start without me.
Dave Phillips is a musician, teacher and writer living in Findlay, Ohio. He has been an active member of the Linux Audio community since his first contact with Linux in 1995. He is the author of The Book of Linux Music & Sound, as well as numerous articles in Linux Journal.
Similis sum folio de quo ludunt venti.
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- Server Hardening
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- 22 Years of Linux Journal on One DVD - Now Available
- Non-Linux FOSS: Snk
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- What's New in 3D Printing, Part III: the Software