Encrypt Your Root Filesystem
Dec 01, 2004 By Mike Petullo
When you can't depend on physical security to keep your files safe, it's time to take the extra step of encrypting the filesystem. Although this article covers converting a PowerPC-based system, the principles are applicable to other architectures too.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Handling the workloads of the Future
- How Can We Get Business to Care about Freedom, Openness and Interoperability?
- Cooking with Linux - Serious Cool, Sysadmin Style!
- Synchronize Your Life with ownCloud
- Days Between Dates?
- Computing without a Computer
- Non-Linux FOSS: Don't Type All Those Words!