Finding Stubborn Bugs with Meaningful Debug Info
There are many ways to help your users report bugs in your program and track them down, but they should not be employed in a vacuum. Don't forget to make it easy to report and track bugs, and to write clean code in the first place. Finally, remember that none of these steps are a magic bullet. Taken together, they can simplify your bug-tracking process and help find many problems, but they won't necessarily solve everything.
Resources for this article: /article/7747.
John Goerzen is a longtime Linux programmer and the author of Foundations of Python Network Programming. He also serves as President of Software in the Public Interest, Inc. John welcomes your comments at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free DevOps eBooks, Videos, and more!
Regardless of where you are in your DevOps process, Linux Journal can help!
We offer here the DEFINITIVE DevOps for Dummies, a mobile Application Development Primer, and advice & help from the expert sources like:
- Linux Journal
- Android Candy: Google Keep
- Handling the workloads of the Future
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014
- How Can We Get Business to Care about Freedom, Openness and Interoperability?
- Days Between Dates?
- Synchronize Your Life with ownCloud
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Computing without a Computer
- December 2014 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice