Finding Stubborn Bugs with Meaningful Debug Info
There are many ways to help your users report bugs in your program and track them down, but they should not be employed in a vacuum. Don't forget to make it easy to report and track bugs, and to write clean code in the first place. Finally, remember that none of these steps are a magic bullet. Taken together, they can simplify your bug-tracking process and help find many problems, but they won't necessarily solve everything.
Resources for this article: /article/7747.
John Goerzen is a longtime Linux programmer and the author of Foundations of Python Network Programming. He also serves as President of Software in the Public Interest, Inc. John welcomes your comments at email@example.com.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014 Poll
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Source Code Scanners for Better Code
- RSS Feeds
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer