Paranoid Penguin - Rehabilitating Clear-Text Network Applications with Stunnel
And that, I hope, is enough to start you down the path of Stunnel mayhem. As usual, I've scratched only the surface. I leave it up to you to explore Stunnel's ability to authenticate tunnels with client-certificate checking, its support for TCPwrappers-style access controls and the myriad global and service-specific options supported in stunnel.conf. Let the stunnel(8) man page be your guide, and may your single-TCP-port-using unencrypted-TCP applications be eavesdroppable no more.
Resources for this article: /article/7646.
Mick Bauer, CISSP, is Linux Journal's security editor and an IS security consultant in Minneapolis, Minnesota. He's the author of Building Secure Servers With Linux (O'Reilly & Associates, 2002).
- Cluetrain at Fifteen
- Considering Legacy UNIX/Linux Issues
- Python Scripts as a Replacement for Bash Utility Scripts
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Getting Good Vibrations with Linux
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- New Products
- Putlocker!! Watch Begin Again Online 2014 Streaming Full Movie
- RSS Feeds