Automating Government with e-Governance
Linux provides true business value to governments through lower costs and better information security as well as proven interoperability through adherence to open standards. However, increased language support is required to increase Linux usage in many government agencies throughout the world. Some government agencies, such as the Israeli Ministry of Finance, have taken a proactive approach and enlisted the help of Sun Microsystems and IBM to add Hebrew support to OpenOffice.org.
Additional attention should be paid to simplifying the steps to add additional language support to the various Linux applications in order to further advance Linux adoption by government agencies. Finally, improved documentation will provide the needed boost to the many open-source supporters itching for a chance to add their favorite language to the many already supported by Linux.
Akbar S. Ahmed (firstname.lastname@example.org) is the President and COO of Delixus, Inc. Delixus and Delixus Software India Pvt. Ltd. service the international software services and consulting markets. Ahmed manages global operations including the technology division, which specializes in Linux to Windows interoperability. He holds an MBA in Information Technology and a BA in Economics and frequently speaks on the topics of Linux and offshore outsourcing.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014 Poll
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Source Code Scanners for Better Code
- RSS Feeds
- Identifying Swift Opportunities Relating to interview transcript holocaust
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer