Perforce Software released version 2004.1 of its Software Configuration Management (SCM) system. Perforce SCM 2004.1 tracks and manages software development in both small and large work settings. It handles distributed development and supports developers across more than 50 OSes. The two main new visualization features are a revision graph representing branch history and a folder compare feature. The revision graph feature displays a tree-style graph outlining the branching history of a specific file, including all points, edits and merges. The folder compare displays two folders side by side in expandable tree views, allowing users to compare folder structure and file content. Both components are part of the Perforce Visual Client, a cross-platform interface for Linux, Mac OS X and Windows.
Perforce Software, Inc., 2320 Blanding Avenue, Alameda, California 94501, 510-864-7400, www.perforce.com.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014 Poll
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- RSS Feeds
- Source Code Scanners for Better Code
- System Minimization
- Why Python?
- A Non-Technical Look inside the EXT2 File System
- Radio E-Mail in West Africa
- Hacking Cell Phones via Bluetooth Tools under Linux