Perforce Software released version 2004.1 of its Software Configuration Management (SCM) system. Perforce SCM 2004.1 tracks and manages software development in both small and large work settings. It handles distributed development and supports developers across more than 50 OSes. The two main new visualization features are a revision graph representing branch history and a folder compare feature. The revision graph feature displays a tree-style graph outlining the branching history of a specific file, including all points, edits and merges. The folder compare displays two folders side by side in expandable tree views, allowing users to compare folder structure and file content. Both components are part of the Perforce Visual Client, a cross-platform interface for Linux, Mac OS X and Windows.
Perforce Software, Inc., 2320 Blanding Avenue, Alameda, California 94501, 510-864-7400, www.perforce.com.
Special Reports: DevOps
- Vigilante Malware
- Disney's Linux Light Bulbs (Not a "Luxo Jr." Reboot)
- Libreboot on an X60, Part I: the Setup
- Vagrant Simplified
- System Status as SMS Text Messages
- Bluetooth Hacks
- October 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: Raspberry Pi
- Dealing with Boundary Issues
- Non-Linux FOSS: Code Your Way To Victory!
- New Products