Paranoid Penguin - Using Yum for RPM Updates
If you have any problems using Yum, ample help, including two excellent FAQs, is available on-line. See the on-line Resources section. If the on-line documentation doesn't help, a Yum mailing list is available too. Before posting a question, however, be sure to try a Google search or two. In the course of writing this article, I found a number of postings to the Yum mailing list addressing various questions and problems I had, all located with Google.
Resources for this article: /article/7501.
Mick Bauer, CISSP, is Linux Journal's security editor and an IS security consultant in Minneapolis, Minnesota. He's the author of Building Secure Servers With Linux (O'Reilly & Associates, 2002).
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- Readers' Choice Awards--Nominate Your Apps & Gadgets Now!
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer
- Technical Support Rep
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- UX Designer
- RSS Feeds