Paranoid Penguin - Using Yum for RPM Updates
If you have any problems using Yum, ample help, including two excellent FAQs, is available on-line. See the on-line Resources section. If the on-line documentation doesn't help, a Yum mailing list is available too. Before posting a question, however, be sure to try a Google search or two. In the course of writing this article, I found a number of postings to the Yum mailing list addressing various questions and problems I had, all located with Google.
Resources for this article: /article/7501.
Mick Bauer, CISSP, is Linux Journal's security editor and an IS security consultant in Minneapolis, Minnesota. He's the author of Building Secure Servers With Linux (O'Reilly & Associates, 2002).
|Reglue: Opening Up the World to Deserving Kids, One Linux Computer at a Time||Jul 29, 2014|
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Jul 23, 2014|
|Great Scott! It's Version 13!||Jul 21, 2014|
|Adminer—Better Than Awesome!||Jul 17, 2014|
|It Actually Is Rocket Science||Jul 16, 2014|
|Android Candy: Repix, Not Just Another Photo App||Jul 14, 2014|
- Reglue: Opening Up the World to Deserving Kids, One Linux Computer at a Time
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Numerical Python
- RSS Feeds
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!