Paranoid Penguin - Using Yum for RPM Updates
If you have any problems using Yum, ample help, including two excellent FAQs, is available on-line. See the on-line Resources section. If the on-line documentation doesn't help, a Yum mailing list is available too. Before posting a question, however, be sure to try a Google search or two. In the course of writing this article, I found a number of postings to the Yum mailing list addressing various questions and problems I had, all located with Google.
Resources for this article: /article/7501.
Mick Bauer, CISSP, is Linux Journal's security editor and an IS security consultant in Minneapolis, Minnesota. He's the author of Building Secure Servers With Linux (O'Reilly & Associates, 2002).
- Chemistry on the Desktop
- FinTech and SAP HANA
- HOSTING Monitoring Insights
- Preseeding Full Disk Encryption
- Five HPC Cost Considerations to Maximize ROI
- William Rothwell and Nick Garner's Certified Ethical Hacker Complete Video Course (Pearson IT Certification)
- Two Ways GDPR Will Change Your Data Storage Solution
- Two Factors Are Better Than One
- GRUB Boot from ISO
- Hodge Podge