Paranoid Penguin - Using Yum for RPM Updates
If you have any problems using Yum, ample help, including two excellent FAQs, is available on-line. See the on-line Resources section. If the on-line documentation doesn't help, a Yum mailing list is available too. Before posting a question, however, be sure to try a Google search or two. In the course of writing this article, I found a number of postings to the Yum mailing list addressing various questions and problems I had, all located with Google.
Resources for this article: /article/7501.
Mick Bauer, CISSP, is Linux Journal's security editor and an IS security consultant in Minneapolis, Minnesota. He's the author of Building Secure Servers With Linux (O'Reilly & Associates, 2002).
|Security Hardening with Ansible||Aug 18, 2014|
|Monitoring Android Traffic with Wireshark||Aug 14, 2014|
|IndieBox: for Gamers Who Miss Boxes!||Aug 13, 2014|
|Non-Linux FOSS: a Virtualized Cisco Infrastructure?||Aug 11, 2014|
|Linux Security Threats on the Rise||Aug 08, 2014|
|Android Candy: Oyster—Netflix for Books!||Aug 07, 2014|
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Monitoring Android Traffic with Wireshark
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- RSS Feeds
- IndieBox: for Gamers Who Miss Boxes!
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Linux Security Threats on the Rise
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Returning Values from Bash Functions