Paranoid Penguin - Using Yum for RPM Updates
If you have any problems using Yum, ample help, including two excellent FAQs, is available on-line. See the on-line Resources section. If the on-line documentation doesn't help, a Yum mailing list is available too. Before posting a question, however, be sure to try a Google search or two. In the course of writing this article, I found a number of postings to the Yum mailing list addressing various questions and problems I had, all located with Google.
Resources for this article: /article/7501.
Mick Bauer, CISSP, is Linux Journal's security editor and an IS security consultant in Minneapolis, Minnesota. He's the author of Building Secure Servers With Linux (O'Reilly & Associates, 2002).
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Divx# Watch The Other Woman Full HD Online Streaming Viooz
- Numerical Python
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- Use Linux as a SAN Provider
- RSS Feeds
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Adminer—Better Than Awesome!
- Linux Kernel Testing and Debugging
- It Actually Is Rocket Science