America's Army for Linux
America's Army Operations, a game that's more interesting than common run-and-gun games, is available for Linux. Not any old first-person shooter, America's Army is squad-based. This game is free as in beer.
This cross-platform offering allows players to pick from various squad positions, each with its own weapon. Weapons available are the M-16 rifle, M-203 grenade launcher, Squad Automatic Weapon (SAW) and two different sniper rifles. At around 588MB, the game takes a while to download, but believe me, it's worth the time spent. Go to www.americasarmy.com to get your copy, and while you're at it, create a free-of-charge account.
Now that you've installed the game and signed in through the Personnel menu, your training begins. Score a 36 or higher on the Marksmanship Training, and you can take Advanced Marksmanship Training. Complete that and you have the option of being a sniper. You also can go the Airborne School, Medic Training and Special Forces Training. The Airborne and Special Forces trainings are needed to be able to play specific maps in the game. Medic training offers you another way to gain points besides killing the enemy and completing the objectives of the map.
Completing the objectives is one of two ways for your team to win a round. The other is to kill everyone on the other team. You choose. But, what if you don't want to be a team player? It's up to you really. If you insist on being a lone ranger and killing everyone, you soon will find yourself kicked off the server by your teammates and your honor (level) will be decreased. So go ahead, get the game and join me on-line. Look for -=;DarkRain;=-; I'll be waiting.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Linux Kernel News - November 2013
- RSS Feeds
- Mars Needs Women
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- Advanced Hard Drive Caching Techniques
- Web Administration Scripts
- Linux Systems Administrator
- There are factors which are
19 min 30 sec ago
- Gnome 3 ?
1 hour 4 min ago
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
5 hours 11 min ago
- "Redis RethinkDB 4.5%" on Best NoSQL Databases
15 hours 17 min ago
- on the ground
21 hours 39 min ago
- I was able to read the whole
23 hours 8 min ago
- since i have read the title i
1 day 2 hours ago
- Belanja Online Cari Voucher Diskon
1 day 2 hours ago
- The kernel doesn't really
1 day 14 hours ago
1 day 15 hours ago