Penguins for President?
As we swing into the thick of the 2004 electoral playoffs, it's interesting to see what kinds of platforms are running under the candidates' official campaign Web sites. Netcraft has a handy feature called "What's that site running?" that lets us see combinations of Web servers and OS platforms. So here's a quick rundown, in alphabetical order:
George W. Bush: Microsoft IIS on Windows 2000
Wesley Clark: Apache on Linux
Howard Dean: Apache on FreeBSD
John Edwards: Microsoft IIS "behind a computer running NetWare"
Richard Gephardt: Microsoft IIS on Windows 2000
John Kerry: Apache on Linux
Dennis Kucinich Apache on Linux
Carol Mosely-Braun: Apache on FreeBSD
Al Sharpton: Apache on Solaris 8
Joe Lieberman: Apache on FreeBSD
As of this writing, November 5, 2003, the RNC has an uptime of 4.26 days (maximum of 39.04) and a 90-day moving average of 16.91. The DNC has an uptime of 445.02 days (also the maximum) and a 90-day moving average of 395.38 days.
Draw your own conclusions.
Doc Searls is Senior Editor of Linux Journal.
Doc Searls is Senior Editor of Linux Journal
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Linux Kernel News - November 2013
- Mars Needs Women
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- RSS Feeds
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- Advanced Hard Drive Caching Techniques
- Web Administration Scripts
- IBM Will Minimize Impact of Future Disasters
- thanks for share, great
5 hours 9 min ago
- There are factors which are
10 hours 9 min ago
- Gnome 3 ?
10 hours 54 min ago
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
15 hours 1 min ago
- "Redis RethinkDB 4.5%" on Best NoSQL Databases
1 day 1 hour ago
- on the ground
1 day 7 hours ago
- I was able to read the whole
1 day 8 hours ago
- since i have read the title i
1 day 12 hours ago
- Belanja Online Cari Voucher Diskon
1 day 12 hours ago
- The kernel doesn't really
2 days 34 min ago