WorldWatch Week in Review
This week in WorldWatch, we had an important announcement from Peru about the deployment of Linux and other free software for a large government connectivity project. From Germany, a usability study is available in English and German that helps would-be users of Linux understand just how far Linux has come for general desktop use. It also lets them evaluate the feasibility of changing over at this time, especially if they are thinking of buying Windows XP.
Although no comments posted on the site, our piece on Open Source Seeds generated some private feedback, so we will be posting a followup shortly. It seems there are, in fact, quite a few people interested in this topic.
Willy Smith is Editor in Chief of WorldWatch.
- Readers' Choice Awards--Nominate Your Apps & Gadgets Now!
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Source Code Scanners for Better Code
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Non-Linux FOSS: AutoHotkey
- RSS Feeds