WorldWatch Week in Review
This week in WorldWatch, we had an important announcement from Peru about the deployment of Linux and other free software for a large government connectivity project. From Germany, a usability study is available in English and German that helps would-be users of Linux understand just how far Linux has come for general desktop use. It also lets them evaluate the feasibility of changing over at this time, especially if they are thinking of buying Windows XP.
Although no comments posted on the site, our piece on Open Source Seeds generated some private feedback, so we will be posting a followup shortly. It seems there are, in fact, quite a few people interested in this topic.
Willy Smith is Editor in Chief of WorldWatch.
Webinar: 8 Signs You’re Beyond Cron
On Demand NOW
Join Linux Journal and Pat Cameron, Director of Automation Technology at HelpSystems, as they discuss the eight primary advantages of moving beyond cron job scheduling. In this webinar, you’ll learn about integrating cron with an enterprise scheduler.View Now!
|Dr Hjkl on the Command Line||May 21, 2015|
|Initializing and Managing Services in Linux: Past, Present and Future||May 20, 2015|
|Goodbye, Pi. Hello, C.H.I.P.||May 18, 2015|
|Enter to Win Archive DVD + Free Backup Solution||May 18, 2015|
|Using Hiera with Puppet||May 14, 2015|
|Urgent Kernel Patch for Ubuntu||May 12, 2015|
- Initializing and Managing Services in Linux: Past, Present and Future
- Dr Hjkl on the Command Line
- Goodbye, Pi. Hello, C.H.I.P.
- Using Hiera with Puppet
- Enter to Win Archive DVD + Free Backup Solution
- Gartner Dubs DivvyCloud Cool Cloud Management Vendor
- Mumblehard--Let's End Its Five-Year Reign
- Infinite BusyBox with systemd
- It's Easier to Ask Forgiveness...
- Urgent Kernel Patch for Ubuntu