Automating Security with GNU cfengine
GNU cfengine is much more than a system security tool. It can be used to distribute files, maintain your systems and automatically perform just about any configuration task on any system. It operates on a wide variety of platforms and, once you get started, is quite easy to use. I have shown you a few examples of the kinds of things cfengine can do for you. I hope you decide that cfengine can enhance your systems' security and use this wonderful tool to automate many of your other system administration tasks.
Kirk Bauer is the creator of AutoRPM and Logwatch, as well as the author of Automating UNIX Administration. In his spare time, he jumps out of airplanes, having made over 1,400 jumps to date.
- Resurrecting the Armadillo
- High-Availability Storage with HA-LVM
- March 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: System Administration
- Real-Time Rogue Wireless Access Point Detection with the Raspberry Pi
- DNSMasq, the Pint-Sized Super Dæmon!
- Localhost DNS Cache
- Days Between Dates: the Counting
- The Usability of GNOME
- Linux for Astronomers
- You're the Boss with UBOS