Automating Security with GNU cfengine
GNU cfengine is much more than a system security tool. It can be used to distribute files, maintain your systems and automatically perform just about any configuration task on any system. It operates on a wide variety of platforms and, once you get started, is quite easy to use. I have shown you a few examples of the kinds of things cfengine can do for you. I hope you decide that cfengine can enhance your systems' security and use this wonderful tool to automate many of your other system administration tasks.
Kirk Bauer is the creator of AutoRPM and Logwatch, as well as the author of Automating UNIX Administration. In his spare time, he jumps out of airplanes, having made over 1,400 jumps to date.
|Dr Hjkl on the Command Line||May 21, 2015|
|Initializing and Managing Services in Linux: Past, Present and Future||May 20, 2015|
|Goodbye, Pi. Hello, C.H.I.P.||May 18, 2015|
|Enter to Win Archive DVD + Free Backup Solution||May 18, 2015|
|Using Hiera with Puppet||May 14, 2015|
|Urgent Kernel Patch for Ubuntu||May 12, 2015|
- Dr Hjkl on the Command Line
- Initializing and Managing Services in Linux: Past, Present and Future
- Goodbye, Pi. Hello, C.H.I.P.
- Enter to Win Archive DVD + Free Backup Solution
- Using Hiera with Puppet
- Gartner Dubs DivvyCloud Cool Cloud Management Vendor
- Infinite BusyBox with systemd
- Mumblehard--Let's End Its Five-Year Reign
- A More Stable Future for Ubuntu
- It's Easier to Ask Forgiveness...