Automating Security with GNU cfengine
GNU cfengine is much more than a system security tool. It can be used to distribute files, maintain your systems and automatically perform just about any configuration task on any system. It operates on a wide variety of platforms and, once you get started, is quite easy to use. I have shown you a few examples of the kinds of things cfengine can do for you. I hope you decide that cfengine can enhance your systems' security and use this wonderful tool to automate many of your other system administration tasks.
Kirk Bauer is the creator of AutoRPM and Logwatch, as well as the author of Automating UNIX Administration. In his spare time, he jumps out of airplanes, having made over 1,400 jumps to date.
- Ensono M.O.
- Understanding OpenStack's Success
- Own Your DNS Data
- Simple Server Hardening
- Teradici's Cloud Access Platform: "Plug & Play" Cloud for the Enterprise
- Understanding Firewalld in Multi-Zone Configurations
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- From vs. to + for Microsoft and Linux
- Bash Shell Script: Building a Better March Madness Bracket
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python