Designing Tip Windows
For the full GOMS model: Card, Stuart K., Moran, Thomas P., Newell, Alan. The Psychology of Human-Computer Interaction, Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, 1983.
For the useful keystroke level subset, plus many interesting and provocative ideas: Raskin, Jef. The Humane Interface, ACM Press, 2000.
Hugh Fisher (email@example.com) is a system administrator, 2-D/3-D interactive graphical programmer and part-time lecturer. He has strong opinions on the usability of Linux systems and hopes to inflict these on a wider audience by writing for Linux Journal.
Webinar: 8 Signs You’re Beyond Cron
11am CDT, April 29th
Join Linux Journal and Pat Cameron, Director of Automation Technology at HelpSystems, as they discuss the eight primary advantages of moving beyond cron job scheduling. In this webinar, you’ll learn about integrating cron with an enterprise scheduler.Join us!
- March 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: High-Performance Computing
- New Products
- Not So Dynamic Updates
- Users, Permissions and Multitenant Sites
- Flexible Access Control with Squid Proxy
- April 2015 Video Preview
- Security in Three Ds: Detect, Decide and Deny
- Tighten Up SSH
- DevOps: Everything You Need to Know
- Non-Linux FOSS: MenuMeters