Designing Tip Windows
For the full GOMS model: Card, Stuart K., Moran, Thomas P., Newell, Alan. The Psychology of Human-Computer Interaction, Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, 1983.
For the useful keystroke level subset, plus many interesting and provocative ideas: Raskin, Jef. The Humane Interface, ACM Press, 2000.
Hugh Fisher (email@example.com) is a system administrator, 2-D/3-D interactive graphical programmer and part-time lecturer. He has strong opinions on the usability of Linux systems and hopes to inflict these on a wider audience by writing for Linux Journal.
- Brent Laster's Professional Git (Wrox)
- Smoothwall Express
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- Own Your DNS Data
- Machine Learning Everywhere
- Bash Shell Script: Building a Better March Madness Bracket
- Simple Server Hardening
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- From vs. to + for Microsoft and Linux
- Ensono M.O.