Designing Tip Windows
For the full GOMS model: Card, Stuart K., Moran, Thomas P., Newell, Alan. The Psychology of Human-Computer Interaction, Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, 1983.
For the useful keystroke level subset, plus many interesting and provocative ideas: Raskin, Jef. The Humane Interface, ACM Press, 2000.
Hugh Fisher (email@example.com) is a system administrator, 2-D/3-D interactive graphical programmer and part-time lecturer. He has strong opinions on the usability of Linux systems and hopes to inflict these on a wider audience by writing for Linux Journal.
One Click, Universal Protection: Implementing Centralized Security Policies on Linux Systems
Join editor Bill Childers and Bit9's Paul Riegle on April 27 at 12pm Central to learn how to keep your Linux systems secure.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- Cluetrain at Fifteen
- Getting Good Vibrations with Linux
- Embedding Python in Your C Programs
- New Products
- Monitoring Android Traffic with Wireshark
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- RSS Feeds