How to Index Anything
SWISH-E has two downsides we should mention. First, it's not multibyte safe—it handles only 8-bit ASCII data. Second, records cannot be deleted from a SWISH-E index—to remove records, an index must be re-created. On the plus side, SWISH-E has numerous features we didn't even get to mention. See the SWISH-E web site at www.swish-e.org for more details. We hope you'll agree that SWISH-E is an impressive toolkit and a useful addition to your programming toolbelt.
Josh Rabinowitz is a 13-year veteran of the software industry who cut his teeth at NASA Ames Research Center and at CNET.com and other web companies. He currently is an independent consultant and the publisher of SkateboardDirectory.com, which aims to be your guide to skateboard sites on the Internet.
- Privacy Is Personal
- PHP for Non-Developers
- July 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: Mobile
- Linux Kernel 4.1 Released
- Secure Server Deployments in Hostile Territory
- Django Templates
- Comprehensive Identity Management and Audit for Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- One Port to Rule Them All!
- A Code Boot Camp for Underprivileged Kids
- Attack of the Drones