The 1655MC is Dell's latest entry in the blade server market and has the equivalent of six two-way 1U servers in a 3U blade enclosure. The 1655MC, which looks like a thick blade in a box, supports one or two 1.266GHz Pentium III processors, up to 2GB of SDRAM and one or two Ultra 320 SCSI drives. The chipset is a ServerWorks ServerSet LE30, and the 1655MC also has two integrated Broadcom Gigabit Ethernet interfaces and a USB port. Dell's chassis, which accommodates six 1655MCs, has two hot-plug power supplies for 1+1 redundancy. It includes a built-in KVM switch, plus either one or two managed Ethernet switches. The 1655MC is available with Red Hat 7.3, 8.0 or Advanced Server.
Contact Dell Computer Corporation, One Dell Way, Round Rock, Texas 78682, 800-915-3355 (toll-free), www.dell.com.
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Divx# Watch The Other Woman Full HD Online Streaming Viooz
- Numerical Python
- Use Linux as a SAN Provider
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- RSS Feeds
- Adminer—Better Than Awesome!
- <Watch> HD! Watch Walking On Sunshine Online Full Movie Streaming