The 1655MC is Dell's latest entry in the blade server market and has the equivalent of six two-way 1U servers in a 3U blade enclosure. The 1655MC, which looks like a thick blade in a box, supports one or two 1.266GHz Pentium III processors, up to 2GB of SDRAM and one or two Ultra 320 SCSI drives. The chipset is a ServerWorks ServerSet LE30, and the 1655MC also has two integrated Broadcom Gigabit Ethernet interfaces and a USB port. Dell's chassis, which accommodates six 1655MCs, has two hot-plug power supplies for 1+1 redundancy. It includes a built-in KVM switch, plus either one or two managed Ethernet switches. The 1655MC is available with Red Hat 7.3, 8.0 or Advanced Server.
Contact Dell Computer Corporation, One Dell Way, Round Rock, Texas 78682, 800-915-3355 (toll-free), www.dell.com.
- Open-Source Space
- Silicon Mechanics Gives Back
- Numerical Python
- Reglue: Opening Up the World to Deserving Kids, One Linux Computer at a Time
- New Storage Solution is Music to the Ears of Fast-Growing Digital Music Company
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer
- Technical Support Rep
- UX Designer