Best of Tech Support
How do I use a shared printer connected to a Windows 2000 Pro PC? I have Mandrake 8.2.
—Sam Dorrough, firstname.lastname@example.org
Check that the printer is shared from the Windows box and that you have Samba installed on the Linux box. Then run printtool on the Linux box to set up access to the printer.
—Christopher Wingert, email@example.com
It is best to share the printer with a Windows box that has a name of eight characters or less. I have had problems with longer names of shared devices. Documentation on Samba and printers can be found at: us1.samba.org/samba/docs/Samba-HOWTO-Collection.html.
—Felipe E. Barousse Boué, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Transitioning to Python 3
- Red Hat OpenStack Platform
- Stepping into Science
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Linux Journal December 2016
- CORSAIR's Carbide Air 740
- Radio Free Linux
- The Tiny Internet Project, Part II
- A Better Raspberry Pi Streaming Solution
- FutureVault Inc.'s FutureVault