SuSE has released version 8.1 of its OS distribution, featuring improved ease of installation, security and stability. YaST2 (yet another setup tool) now autodetects and integrates the newest USB 2.0 and Firewire devices; it also has an expanded text mode. The improved X configuration tool, SaX2, can configure touchscreens, vertical LCDs, 3-D options and multihead systems. Other new features include a system profile manager, single-click switching between peripherals, improved wireless LAN support for laptops, CUPS as the default printing system, SuSE Firewall 2, OpenOffice 1.0, GNOME 2.0, KDE 3.0.3 and a lot of other new software.
Contact SuSE, 318 Harrison Street, Suite 301, Oakland, California 94607, 888-875-4689 (toll-free), www.suse.com.
Free DevOps eBooks, Videos, and more!
Regardless of where you are in your DevOps process, Linux Journal can help!
- Linux Journal
- New Products
- Flexible Access Control with Squid Proxy
- Users, Permissions and Multitenant Sites
- Security in Three Ds: Detect, Decide and Deny
- High-Availability Storage with HA-LVM
- Tighten Up SSH
- DevOps: Everything You Need to Know
- Solving ODEs on Linux
- Non-Linux FOSS: MenuMeters
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development