SuSE has released version 8.1 of its OS distribution, featuring improved ease of installation, security and stability. YaST2 (yet another setup tool) now autodetects and integrates the newest USB 2.0 and Firewire devices; it also has an expanded text mode. The improved X configuration tool, SaX2, can configure touchscreens, vertical LCDs, 3-D options and multihead systems. Other new features include a system profile manager, single-click switching between peripherals, improved wireless LAN support for laptops, CUPS as the default printing system, SuSE Firewall 2, OpenOffice 1.0, GNOME 2.0, KDE 3.0.3 and a lot of other new software.
Contact SuSE, 318 Harrison Street, Suite 301, Oakland, California 94607, 888-875-4689 (toll-free), www.suse.com.
- One Port to Rule Them All!
- Privacy Is Personal
- PHP for Non-Developers
- Linux Kernel 4.1 Released
- Django Templates
- Secure Server Deployments in Hostile Territory
- A Code Boot Camp for Underprivileged Kids
- July 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: Mobile
- Practical Books for the Most Technical People on the Planet
- Comprehensive Identity Management and Audit for Red Hat Enterprise Linux