SuSE has released version 8.1 of its OS distribution, featuring improved ease of installation, security and stability. YaST2 (yet another setup tool) now autodetects and integrates the newest USB 2.0 and Firewire devices; it also has an expanded text mode. The improved X configuration tool, SaX2, can configure touchscreens, vertical LCDs, 3-D options and multihead systems. Other new features include a system profile manager, single-click switching between peripherals, improved wireless LAN support for laptops, CUPS as the default printing system, SuSE Firewall 2, OpenOffice 1.0, GNOME 2.0, KDE 3.0.3 and a lot of other new software.
Contact SuSE, 318 Harrison Street, Suite 301, Oakland, California 94607, 888-875-4689 (toll-free), www.suse.com.
Win an iPhone 6
Enter to Win
|Geek Hide-away in Guatemala - Stay for Free!||Nov 26, 2015|
|Microsoft and Linux: True Romance or Toxic Love?||Nov 25, 2015|
|Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.||Nov 24, 2015|
|Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH||Nov 23, 2015|
|Web Stores Held Hostage||Nov 19, 2015|
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Nov 17, 2015|
- Microsoft and Linux: True Romance or Toxic Love?
- Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH
- Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.
- Geek Hide-away in Guatemala - Stay for Free!
- Web Stores Held Hostage
- Firefox's New Feature for Tighter Security
- PuppetLabs Introduces Application Orchestration
- It's a Bird. It's Another Bird!
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- IBM LinuxONE Provides New Options for Linux Deployment