SuSE has released version 8.1 of its OS distribution, featuring improved ease of installation, security and stability. YaST2 (yet another setup tool) now autodetects and integrates the newest USB 2.0 and Firewire devices; it also has an expanded text mode. The improved X configuration tool, SaX2, can configure touchscreens, vertical LCDs, 3-D options and multihead systems. Other new features include a system profile manager, single-click switching between peripherals, improved wireless LAN support for laptops, CUPS as the default printing system, SuSE Firewall 2, OpenOffice 1.0, GNOME 2.0, KDE 3.0.3 and a lot of other new software.
Contact SuSE, 318 Harrison Street, Suite 301, Oakland, California 94607, 888-875-4689 (toll-free), www.suse.com.
- Ubuntu MATE, Not Just a Whim
- Build Your Own Raspberry Pi Camera
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Nasdaq Selects Drupal 8
- Non-Linux FOSS: Screenshotting for Fun and Profit!
- Canonical Ltd.'s Ubuntu Core
- Secure Desktops with Qubes: Compartmentalization
- The Peculiar Case of Email in the Cloud
- Netlist, Inc.'s HybriDIMM Storage Class Memory
- A New Mental Model for Computers and Networks