The Linux Softsynth Roundup
The best closing advice I can give is to suggest that you check out some of the profiled softsynths yourself. I can wax enthusiastic here in print, but the real proof is in the hearing. So go forth, download and install some of this software, and make some joyful noises. I'll be listening.
Dave Phillips is a musician, teacher and writer living in Findlay, Ohio. He has been an active member of the Linux audio community since his first contact with Linux in 1995. He is the author of The Book of Linux Music & Sound, as well as numerous articles in Linux Journal.
Similis sum folio de quo ludunt venti.
|A Code Boot Camp for Underprivileged Kids||Jun 30, 2015|
|Comprehensive Identity Management and Audit for Red Hat Enterprise Linux||Jun 29, 2015|
|Linux Kernel 4.1 Released||Jun 26, 2015|
|Secure Server Deployments in Hostile Territory||Jun 25, 2015|
|Take Control of Growing Redis NoSQL Server Clusters||Jun 24, 2015|
|Django Templates||Jun 24, 2015|
- Comprehensive Identity Management and Audit for Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Linux Kernel 4.1 Released
- Secure Server Deployments in Hostile Territory
- Django Templates
- Cinnamon 2.6 Released
- Gettin' Sticky with It
- Attack of the Drones
- Take Control of Growing Redis NoSQL Server Clusters
- A Code Boot Camp for Underprivileged Kids
- Physics Analysis Workstation