At the Forge: Why Linux?
I'll conclude this column with a salute to the hardworking staff that makes this magazine possible. I read Linux Journal for nearly a year before starting to write this column, and I continue to read it when it comes in the mail every month. The articles consistently reflect the diversity, sophistication and interests of some of the most creative software developers on the planet.
The fact that Linux Journal has now reached 100 issues should prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Linux and open-source software are here to stay. I hope to write a similar article when the 200th anniversary issue comes around.
Reuven M. Lerner is a consultant specializing in web/database applications and open-source software. His book, Core Perl, was published in January 2002 by Prentice Hall. Reuven lives in Modi'in, Israel, with his wife and daughter.
Free DevOps eBooks, Videos, and more!
Regardless of where you are in your DevOps process, Linux Journal can help!
We offer here the DEFINITIVE DevOps for Dummies, a mobile Application Development Primer, and advice & help from the expert sources like:
- Linux Journal
- New Products
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014
- Android Candy: Google Keep
- Handling the workloads of the Future
- How Can We Get Business to Care about Freedom, Openness and Interoperability?
- Days Between Dates?
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- December 2014 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- Computing without a Computer