At the Forge: Why Linux?
I'll conclude this column with a salute to the hardworking staff that makes this magazine possible. I read Linux Journal for nearly a year before starting to write this column, and I continue to read it when it comes in the mail every month. The articles consistently reflect the diversity, sophistication and interests of some of the most creative software developers on the planet.
The fact that Linux Journal has now reached 100 issues should prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Linux and open-source software are here to stay. I hope to write a similar article when the 200th anniversary issue comes around.
Reuven M. Lerner is a consultant specializing in web/database applications and open-source software. His book, Core Perl, was published in January 2002 by Prentice Hall. Reuven lives in Modi'in, Israel, with his wife and daughter.
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Numerical Python
- Use Linux as a SAN Provider
- RSS Feeds
- Linux-Based X Terminals with XDMCP
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Divx# Watch The Other Woman Full HD Online Streaming Viooz