At the Forge: Why Linux?
I'll conclude this column with a salute to the hardworking staff that makes this magazine possible. I read Linux Journal for nearly a year before starting to write this column, and I continue to read it when it comes in the mail every month. The articles consistently reflect the diversity, sophistication and interests of some of the most creative software developers on the planet.
The fact that Linux Journal has now reached 100 issues should prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Linux and open-source software are here to stay. I hope to write a similar article when the 200th anniversary issue comes around.
Reuven M. Lerner is a consultant specializing in web/database applications and open-source software. His book, Core Perl, was published in January 2002 by Prentice Hall. Reuven lives in Modi'in, Israel, with his wife and daughter.
Free DevOps eBooks, Videos, and more!
Regardless of where you are in your DevOps process, Linux Journal can help!
We offer here the DEFINITIVE DevOps for Dummies, a mobile Application Development Primer, and advice & help from the expert sources like:
- Linux Journal
- Integrating Trac, Jenkins and Cobbler—Customizing Linux Operating Systems for Organizational Needs
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- New Products
- Non-Linux FOSS: Remember Burning ISOs?
- EdgeRouter Lite
- RSS Feeds
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- Using Django and MongoDB to Build a Blog