RAID-1, Part 1
"Kernel Korner: The Linux RAID-1, 4, 5 Code", Linux Journal, December 1997.
Usenet; one of the archives is groups.google.com. The following search queries may help to get you started: +RAID1, +failed-disk +linux, +RAID1 +swap +linux and +linux +RAID +superblock.
If you're curious about the RAID superblock, you can find a description in the mdctl-0.5 source code. Take a look at the file md_p.h. You also can take a look at the kernel mddriver source code files including /usr/src/linux/drivers/md/md.c.
Thanks to those who developed the Linux RAID code (see drivers/md/md.c for names), Jakob Østergaard for the "The Software-RAID HOWTO", the Usenet correspondents and Niel Brown for mdctl.
Joe Edwards, PE, PhD wrote his first useful program using FORTRAN on an IBM 370 almost 30 years ago. The program performed forensic analysis of X-ray diffraction data. He started using Linux in 1995. He is the lead programmer, sysadmin and dba for the GeneTests-GeneClinics Projects at the University of Washington.
Audin Malmin is a programmer and sysadmin for the GeneTests-GeneClinics Projects at the University of Washington. His first programming experiences were on his dad's Timex Sinclair 1000. He first experimented with Linux in 1996 on his 386sx16 with 3MB of RAM.
Ron Shaker is the lead programmer on the GeneSeek Project at the University of Washington. He has worked as a sysadmin, dba and systems engineer over the past 13 years and began using UNIX in 1988.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Linux Kernel News - November 2013
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- Mars Needs Women
- RSS Feeds
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- Advanced Hard Drive Caching Techniques
- Web Administration Scripts
- IBM Will Minimize Impact of Future Disasters
- thanks for share, great
7 hours 47 min ago
- There are factors which are
12 hours 47 min ago
- Gnome 3 ?
13 hours 32 min ago
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
17 hours 39 min ago
- "Redis RethinkDB 4.5%" on Best NoSQL Databases
1 day 3 hours ago
- on the ground
1 day 10 hours ago
- I was able to read the whole
1 day 11 hours ago
- since i have read the title i
1 day 14 hours ago
- Belanja Online Cari Voucher Diskon
1 day 15 hours ago
- The kernel doesn't really
2 days 3 hours ago