Meeting with Costa Rica's Minister of Science and Technology
I enjoyed interviewing Don Guy, and I am very impressed with him. His interest in education and universal access is a real credit to his dedication. The fact that this is happening is a real credit to the Costa Rican government in general.
I mentioned to him that we were giving trips to Costa Rica to the winners of the first contest we had in Embedded Linux Journal, and he said that he hoped he could do something “official” for them. So my bottom line is that Linux and open source are alive and well in Costa Rica, and it feels like it could expand easily in the whole region. Hopefully, Costa Rica can set the example for domination by Linux in Central America.
Phil Hughes is the publisher of Linux Journal and Embedded Linux Journal.
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Use Linux as a SAN Provider
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Numerical Python
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- RSS Feeds
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer
- Technical Support Rep