Best of Technical Support
I'm trying to connect to my ISP using an external terminal adaptor. But when wvdial connects I receive the following errors:
--> warning, can't find address for 'suse.de' --> warning, address lookup does not work --> Nameserver (DNS) failure, the connection may not work
Check in /etc/resolv.conf and make sure you have lines with:
where aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd is the IP addresses of a working DNS server. You can also look at the PPP log in /var/log for hints on where the problem lies.
—Felipe E. Barousse Boué, email@example.com
- Linux Journal December 2016
- Stepping into Science
- CORSAIR's Carbide Air 740
- Tyson Foods Honored as SUSE Customer of the Year
- A Better Raspberry Pi Streaming Solution
- Radio Free Linux
- The Tiny Internet Project, Part II
- FutureVault Inc.'s FutureVault
- Synacor, Inc.'s Zimbra Open Source Support and Zimbra Suite Plus
- Message for You, Sir!