Best of Technical Support
I'm trying to connect to my ISP using an external terminal adaptor. But when wvdial connects I receive the following errors:
--> warning, can't find address for 'suse.de' --> warning, address lookup does not work --> Nameserver (DNS) failure, the connection may not work
Check in /etc/resolv.conf and make sure you have lines with:
where aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd is the IP addresses of a working DNS server. You can also look at the PPP log in /var/log for hints on where the problem lies.
—Felipe E. Barousse Boué, firstname.lastname@example.org
Win an iPhone 6
Enter to Win
|Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.||Nov 24, 2015|
|Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH||Nov 23, 2015|
|Web Stores Held Hostage||Nov 19, 2015|
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Nov 17, 2015|
|Recipy for Science||Nov 16, 2015|
|Firefox's New Feature for Tighter Security||Nov 13, 2015|
- Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.
- Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH
- Simple Photo Editing, Linux Edition!
- Web Stores Held Hostage
- Firefox's New Feature for Tighter Security
- How Will the Big Data Craze Play Out?
- It's a Bird. It's Another Bird!
- Libreboot on an x60, Part II: the Installation
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- November 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: System Administration