Best of Technical Support
I'm trying to connect to my ISP using an external terminal adaptor. But when wvdial connects I receive the following errors:
--> warning, can't find address for 'suse.de' --> warning, address lookup does not work --> Nameserver (DNS) failure, the connection may not work
Check in /etc/resolv.conf and make sure you have lines with:
where aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd is the IP addresses of a working DNS server. You can also look at the PPP log in /var/log for hints on where the problem lies.
—Felipe E. Barousse Boué, email@example.com
One Click, Universal Protection: Implementing Centralized Security Policies on Linux Systems
Join editor Bill Childers and Bit9's Paul Riegle on April 27 at 12pm Central to learn how to keep your Linux systems secure.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- Cluetrain at Fifteen
- Embedding Python in Your C Programs
- Getting Good Vibrations with Linux
- New Products
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Customizing Vim
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- RSS Feeds
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python