Best of Technical Support
I'm trying to connect to my ISP using an external terminal adaptor. But when wvdial connects I receive the following errors:
--> warning, can't find address for 'suse.de' --> warning, address lookup does not work --> Nameserver (DNS) failure, the connection may not work
Check in /etc/resolv.conf and make sure you have lines with:
where aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd is the IP addresses of a working DNS server. You can also look at the PPP log in /var/log for hints on where the problem lies.
—Felipe E. Barousse Boué, email@example.com
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- Readers' Choice Awards--Nominate Your Apps & Gadgets Now!
- Source Code Scanners for Better Code
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Non-Linux FOSS: AutoHotkey
- RSS Feeds
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Girls and Software
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python