Big Blue's Love Letter to Linux
Mar 07, 2000 By Doc Searls
Word has quickly spread that IBM is launching some kind of big ad campaign to explain its love of Linux. Nothing wrong with that, of course, as long as the company doesn't get all broadcasty in the highly personal medium the hackers created for purposes other than advertising. No such luck, so far.
Doc Searls is Senior Editor of Linux Journal
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Happy GPL Birthday VLC!
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- Handheld Emulation: Achievement Unlocked!
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- Firefox OS
- Wine 1.8 Released