InDepth: Configuring xdm
To recap, we configured the workstations and servers in the network to use xdm, XDMCP in indirect mode and the chooser in order to allow users to select the server they wish to use to manage their X session. This is an administrable solution allowing fine control over X sessions. It is also easy to use, in that it provides users a menu of hosts willing to manage their X session.
If this type of access is required from platforms such as Windows, and you don't want to buy or install an X server on your workstation, then vnc may be an alternative for you.
Webinar: 8 Signs You’re Beyond Cron
On Demand NOW
Join Linux Journal and Pat Cameron, Director of Automation Technology at HelpSystems, as they discuss the eight primary advantages of moving beyond cron job scheduling. In this webinar, you’ll learn about integrating cron with an enterprise scheduler.View Now!
|Dr Hjkl on the Command Line||May 21, 2015|
|Initializing and Managing Services in Linux: Past, Present and Future||May 20, 2015|
|Goodbye, Pi. Hello, C.H.I.P.||May 18, 2015|
|Using Hiera with Puppet||May 14, 2015|
|Urgent Kernel Patch for Ubuntu||May 12, 2015|
|Gartner Dubs DivvyCloud Cool Cloud Management Vendor||May 12, 2015|
- Initializing and Managing Services in Linux: Past, Present and Future
- Dr Hjkl on the Command Line
- Goodbye, Pi. Hello, C.H.I.P.
- Using Hiera with Puppet
- Mumblehard--Let's End Its Five-Year Reign
- Gartner Dubs DivvyCloud Cool Cloud Management Vendor
- Infinite BusyBox with systemd
- Urgent Kernel Patch for Ubuntu
- It's Easier to Ask Forgiveness...
- A More Stable Future for Ubuntu