InDepth: Configuring xdm
To recap, we configured the workstations and servers in the network to use xdm, XDMCP in indirect mode and the chooser in order to allow users to select the server they wish to use to manage their X session. This is an administrable solution allowing fine control over X sessions. It is also easy to use, in that it provides users a menu of hosts willing to manage their X session.
If this type of access is required from platforms such as Windows, and you don't want to buy or install an X server on your workstation, then vnc may be an alternative for you.
- An Introduction to Tabled Logic Programming with Picat
- Ubuntu MATE, Not Just a Whim
- Build Your Own Raspberry Pi Camera
- Nasdaq Selects Drupal 8
- Getting a Windows Refund in California Small Claims Court
- Non-Linux FOSS: Screenshotting for Fun and Profit!
- Secure Desktops with Qubes: Compartmentalization
- A New Mental Model for Computers and Networks
- Canonical Ltd.'s Ubuntu Core
- The Peculiar Case of Email in the Cloud