InDepth: Configuring xdm
To recap, we configured the workstations and servers in the network to use xdm, XDMCP in indirect mode and the chooser in order to allow users to select the server they wish to use to manage their X session. This is an administrable solution allowing fine control over X sessions. It is also easy to use, in that it provides users a menu of hosts willing to manage their X session.
If this type of access is required from platforms such as Windows, and you don't want to buy or install an X server on your workstation, then vnc may be an alternative for you.
|Omesh Tickoo and Ravi Iyer's Making Sense of Sensors (Apress)||Apr 21, 2017|
|Low Power Wireless: 6LoWPAN, IEEE802.15.4 and the Raspberry Pi||Apr 20, 2017|
|CodeLathe's Tonido Personal Cloud||Apr 19, 2017|
|Wrapping Up the Mars Lander||Apr 18, 2017|
|MultiTaction's MT Canvus-Connect||Apr 17, 2017|
|Android Candy: Facebook Everything?!?!||Apr 14, 2017|
- Teradici's Cloud Access Platform: "Plug & Play" Cloud for the Enterprise
- Low Power Wireless: 6LoWPAN, IEEE802.15.4 and the Raspberry Pi
- The Weather Outside Is Frightful (Or Is It?)
- Simple Server Hardening
- Understanding Firewalld in Multi-Zone Configurations
- Gordon H. Williams' Making Things Smart (Maker Media, Inc.)
- Non-Linux FOSS: Control Web-Based Music!
- Server Technology's HDOT Alt-Phase Switched POPS PDU
- IGEL Universal Desktop Converter