Andamooka: Open Support for Open Content
Andamooka is a first step toward full open-content development. The books we see on the site now, and probably those we'll see in the near future, were written in a closed manner but are being made available under open licenses that allow modification and redistribution. By making use of Andamooka, authors can offer readers direct author support and the support of rest of the readership. Together the authors and readers can create a base of knowledge that can be culled and transformed—by any community participants—into a better and better book.
I plan to continue work on KDE 2.0 Development using the Andamooka system. I will encourage users to offer feedback and contribute to development by writing, editing, translating, reporting errors and suggesting new topics. This work will be released later in free, electronic editions of the book. As such, KDE 2.0 Development serves as a test case for open-content development.
David Sweet (www.andamooka.org/~dsweet) received his PhD in Physics/Chaos Theory from the University of Maryland. His focus has since shifted from the chaos of Christmas ornaments to the sheer noise of the securities markets. His work has appeared in Nature, Linux Journal, Physical Review Letters and in a few bookstores.
One Click, Universal Protection: Implementing Centralized Security Policies on Linux Systems
Join editor Bill Childers and Bit9's Paul Riegle on April 27 at 12pm Central to learn how to keep your Linux systems secure.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- New Products
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Putlocker!! Watch Begin Again Online 2014 Streaming Full Movie
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- ~Putlocker~2014 Watch Boyhood Online Streaming Full Movie
- Monitoring Android Traffic with Wireshark
- Linux Security Threats on the Rise