Managing Initscripts with Red Hat's chkconfig
Apr 01, 2001 By Jimmy Ball
A simple but quite useful addition to your administration command vocabulary.
Hopefully, you've seen the benefits of Red Hat's chkconfig utility for managing initscripts. While its functionality seems simple, the timesaving benefits makes chkconfig an administrator's command worth committing to memory.
Jimmy Ball is an instructor with Batky-Howell, Inc. where he teaches UNIX, Perl and Java courses. He can be reached by e-mail at email@example.com.
- One Port to Rule Them All!
- Privacy Is Personal
- PHP for Non-Developers
- Secure Server Deployments in Hostile Territory
- Linux Kernel 4.1 Released
- July 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: Mobile
- Django Templates
- Comprehensive Identity Management and Audit for Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- A Code Boot Camp for Underprivileged Kids
- Attack of the Drones
Enjoyed this preview? Get the full course FREE from Linux Journal and Pluralsight.